Friday, December 12, 2008

Golden Globe reactions

The call from Marisa Tomei's publicist came early, waking her at her L.A. home around 6 a.m. Thursday to inform her of a nomination for best supporting actress in a motion picture for "The Wrestler." "I was dead asleep, and I didn't know why the phone was ringing," Tomei said.

Tomei plays the love interest of Mickey Rourke's character in "Wrestler," which netted a nom for Rourke as best actor in his comeback film. There wasn't much time to get to know him during the shoot, which was a quick 35 days. "It was really kind of a fast and furious shoot. We didn't get to know each other well," Tomei said. "Now we'll have more time thanks to the Hollywood Foreign Press Assn."

"I really felt strongly about working with (director) Darren Aronofsky. "I really trusted him and I knew it would be challenging," Tomei said. "He got me really excited for the challenge. It was a dare."


more here

0 comments:

Banner